Sunday, January 1, 2017

Arizona Copper Craft - 2016 Our Making Journey

If you've followed my blog for any length of time you know I like to do a New Year's Day post of my favorites for the previous year.  It' s a look back on things I've made that I loved, things that challenged me, things I've learned and some I've even mastered.


I'm starting in June because that's when I began making dated folders of jewelry that my husband Rick and I had been making.  This is a Rhyolite bracelet I made using the inspiration from a jewelry making book I'd purchased.  


During June and July we learned how to etch copper adding a new skill set to our creations.  We had a lot of fun making cuff bracelets, earrings and pendants with etched designs.  The Paisley cuff bracelet is one of my favorites and we are still etching copper.


August was a month of learning how to make fancy copper links for bracelets and necklaces and also freestyle wire links like the center of this bracelet.  As you can see I love making bracelets.  One of the reasons is they can be a starting point and inspiration for a matching necklace.  This is a Chevron Amethyst and copper link bracelet.


In August I was still working on fancy links for necklaces and bracelets as well as learning how to do some wire woven/wrapped bails for pendants.  This is a Rhodonite pendant and matching gemstone bead necklace in copper.


My husband Rick was learning how to make upcycled cuff bracelets using found pieces and parts as well as rivets and eyelets.


In September my husband Rick took me to the Kingman Turquoise Mine to do some shopping at Colbaugh Processing where they sell their Turquoise.  This Mohave Green Turquoise necklace incorporates a couple of my newly learned skills.  Wire weaving on the pendant and fancy wrapped links on the necklace chain.


In October we were gearing up for the winter event season in Arizona.  My husband Rick made this freestyle copper wire bracelet.  By the third week of October we were out selling at the London Bridge Swap Meet in Lake Havasu City on Sundays.  Beautiful weather to start, a little warm in the 90's when it was tear down time...


November began my love affair with Aqua Terra Jasper.


December brings a busy season with creating new jewelry pieces, events, family and friends.

This necklace is made from Kingman Turquoise using new skills I've acquired in the last six months.


Rick has a new design I think will be really popular in 2017 - I'm calling these "Shield of Faith" pendants.  He's made several different cross designs each on a similar shield. 

We wish you a happy and prosperous New Year & God Bless you! 


No comments: