Friday, October 14, 2016

Swanstrom Round Disk Cutter


We have a fun tool for making circular shapes we've been playing with.  It's a Swanstrom Disk Cutter that we acquired this last summer.  It's great for making earrings, washers out of copper, brass or sterling silver sheets.  I think one of my favorite things to use it for is cutting disks from copper sheets I've etched.  I posted a photo of the tool below to help with the visual of maybe how it works?


The earrings on the top and bottom right of the photo were made using the disk cutter.

The necklace -


my husband Rick made using copper washers, brass wire and black agate semi precious gemstone beads.  This necklace didn't stay on the table long at our last jewelry party!

It's nice to know when we run out of copper washers or don't have quite the size we'd like we can make them now.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!


No comments: