Thursday, October 20, 2016

Kingman Turquoise - Boulder Turquoise Necklace


I have a few rectangular shaped Boulder Turquoise Beads that are quite large.  I purchased them to see if I could make pendants using them.  For this pendant I used wire weaving and wrapping.  I'm not sure I'm thrilled with my wire work but I love the piece of turquoise so I'm going to wear this one.  For the necklace I used 8 mm matching Boulder Turquoise beads and added a few Triple Loop Links that I learned how to make from "The Missing Link" book by Cindy Wimmer.  

All the copper has been antiqued and polished to bring out the warmth and beauty of the metal then sealed with ProtectaClear to preserve the patina I gave it.

Using the 8 mm beads gives this necklace a bit of weight, not too much but you know you have it on when you first start wearing it.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

No comments: