Friday, September 6, 2013

Sudz n' Hunni Soaps Lavender Chamomile Sugar Scrub Soap


I've been experimenting with a new soap mold to make sugar scrub soaps to go with my regular Lavender Chamomile soap and lotion.
I liked the idea of offering "sugar cubes" and thought these molds would be perfect!


You see I bought two of the molds and pictured above are sugar scrub soaps un-molded - pretty cool!


I had a bit more of a problem with my second mold.  My little soaps were not coming out.  I tried leaving them in the mold for several days to harden, I tried freezing them and they still didn't want to pop right out.


The only thing left to try was putting them in the oven at the lowest setting for about 15 minutes.
That didn't really work either so I used a butter knife to remove them, not a very pretty soap anymore...

Not everything turns out quite the way I was expecting.  But that's okay, I'm not a quitter I'll do some more research,  reformulate my recipe perhaps and try again.  I'll let you know what happens when I do!

Edited to add:  I made one more batch of experimental "sugar soaps" a few days ago, when I poured the soap into the mold I only used every other chamber of the mold and put them in the freezer.  The next day I popped the little cube soaps out without a problem, yea!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Sugar soaps can be a little tricky, and I like to use Sodium Lactate to help my soaps pop right out of the molds. Great job on the color combo, it is such a fun one! =)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Thank you Anne-Marie, I knew if I kept trying I'll master the mold =)

I LOVE your new book!!