Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bugaboo Stamps Birthday Monkey

You know... I've never been too fond of monkeys or coloring monkeys until I discovered Jodie's Bug A Boo Stamps monkeys!  I've had a change of heart about coloring monkeys.  

I know, I'm weird!  But it's a fun kinda weird!

For my card I used one of the cute monkeys in the Birthday Monkey collection and my card is for our Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps Midweek Throwdown challenge this week.  The theme is Cards 4 Kids.

I colored the image with Copic markers to match my digital paper I found recently at My Grafico.  Copic markers - YG01, YG093, W0, W1, R27, RV25, RV23, E42, E43, E44, E74, E71, E70, RV00.

My layout is SC314 from Splitcoast Stampers.  The other cardstocks I used are Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz & Stampin' Up! Old Olive.  

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

12 comments:

Jen M said...

Dang, this is cute! Love your bright colors!

Kathy said...

I love the colors and papers used in this card. Looks like a fun loving, mischievous monkey.

Andrea W said...

Terrific card! I love the fun colors and image. I found you at Make It Monday.

Erika said...

That monkey looks like he's up to no good! Your coloring is great and the layers are a great backdrop for him. Just wonderful.

Carol L said...

You're not weird at all Jan! I never jumped on the monkey bandwagon either, but I must admit I actually like this card you made :) It's too cute :)

BobbisTreasure said...

Love how the stripes in the image are echoed in your paper - perfect pairing!

Christina said...

I love the colors in your card and that monkey is super cute!

Anonymous said...

Such a really cute card, as usual your coloring and your eye for dp is fantastic! I love how the digi matches your paper!

Donna Hanley said...

I've always found monkeys very hard to color so I understand how you feel. But for someone who did not like monkeys in the past, you did a fabulous job with this one. Your colors match the papers perfectly. Nice job.

Billie A said...

Love your card and coloring of the image. I did not know your on the dt..I am on ctb dt too.. smaller world yet.. Fun colors of paper. I like.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! And too funny about not enjoying coloring monkeys. I'm not much of a coloring person, but with paper-piecing, I find that using two browns for monkeys can be annoying - to have contrast between the papers and also wanting the eyes to show. Glad we could "meet" via blogs :) - Mindy

Karen Howard said...

Super cute card and colors! I love your layouts and hope you don't mind if I use them for inspiration. Hugs, Karen