Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Stomp Stamps Moto X


As you can see from the sentiment on my card today I'm still working on Birthday cards!

My goal is to get ahead on my stash and have some masculine type cards ready for future use, it's a daunting goal because masculine cards are challenging for me.  
I'm always up for a good challenge though! 

I used an old wood mounted rubber stamp today made by Stomp Stamps.  I don't think they are in business any longer, when I "googled" the name I didn't get anything, even on E Bay...  the date on the wood block is 2003.

I thought this might be a good birthday card stamp for teen boys and young men? 
It's been awhile since I've been involved in off road  motorcycle racing so I did a Google search for Yamaha dirt bikes for an idea of how to color my image.  I haven't attempted Honda dirt bikes yet as I'm pretty sure they are red and it's one of the hardest colors to use in small areas.  One day...

I colored this fun dirt bike stamp with Copic markers:

B21, B23, B24, BG10, BG0000, B01
E00, E01, E11
N1, N3, N5
C0, C2, C3
T1, T3, T5

The card stock colors I used are Astrobrights Eclipse Black, Color Mates Grey, Discount Cardstock's Cobalt Blue & X Press It blending card.  The gears embossing folder is made by Sizzix and the little gears are from a Quickkutz die and I used some silver eyelets.  The tag is a Spellbinders Tags Trio die and the sentiment is from a PaperTrey Ink stamp set.

Oh!  I almost forgot my layout is Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps sketch #161!
I flipped the sketch because I'm using a rubber stamp and couldn't "flip" my image as it's not digital and used a rectangle instead of an oval.  

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:

8 comments:

AllisonG said...

Another great card that would work for an older boy - you are certainly on a roll! I need to get on that roll, too - LOL!

byAnnette said...

Love this card!
Muddy looking embossed gears are a perfect background.

Jen M said...

Super cool card! Some teen boy is going to LOVE it!

Chrissy said...

Fantastic masculine card Jan, love the image and colouring and great design..love the embossed background.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Erika said...

Great card! The blue and brown is a good color combo. Hold on to that stamp...it might become valuable one day!

Unknown said...

Another fabulous, professional card! Just love the embossing! Mirrors tire or wheel tracks! Great inspiration!

Unknown said...

This is great-a perfect masculine card. Thanks for playing at MIM.

SusanS said...

I really like this card. It gave me inspiration for a motor scooter image I wanted to use for an older boy. Love your choice of colors and textures! Thanks for sharing with us!