Monday, March 4, 2013

Paper Smooches My Guy


I have a fun Paper Smooches card to share today.  I have just a couple more masculine birthday cards to complete and this weeks Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps sketch challenge was perfect for my layout!


I saw banner tails where the two panels are under the focal panel.


After coloring the cute Paper Smooches golf cart from the My Guy stamp set I went looking for masculine papers and found a Making Memories "Just Chillin'" paper pad in my stash - perfect!  I'd colored three golf carts and the paper pad had coordinating papers so I went for it.  Using just three 8 X 8 sheets of the patterned papers I was able to have three cards that are the same yet different and not much scrap left over.  

To color the golf cart I used Copic markers:

Golf Cart - E40, E41, E30
Seat - E42, E43, E44
Golf Bag 0 B21, B23
Clubs - C00, C2
Misc. - R27, Y00
Background - B0000, B01

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:

8 comments:

AllisonG said...

I definitely prefer your interpretation of this week's sketch! I thought I might not ever make a card from this sketch, but now that I've seen yours, it's not too bad.

Linda said...

Great cards...Love the banners!

Sue said...

Love the banner tails instead of the rectangles. Wonderful idea. Great card!

Donna Hanley said...

Jan, you did bring a whole new light to this sketch. I wish my mind worked like yours does. Way to go girl!!!!! The image is darling and I love the masculine papers you picked. Enjoy your week.

Unknown said...

Such great cards! I love the off-set layering of the flags. Cool how you used the same papers, but rotating the to different elements! So cool

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

so cute! i love the patterns on this one :)

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Jan I'm in love with your take on the sketch! The banners are a great idea and the papers make terrific masculine cards. Such a cute golf cart stamp... and the seat looks like a heart on it's side. Thanks for playing!

Cindy E. Rapson said...

I like the banner idea too... so I tried it. Nice take on Sketch #162...