Friday, March 29, 2013

Notes From Home - New Adventures


I've been thinking about writing this blog post for days and days now, I have great news but it will change the way I blog too.  If you've been following my blog for any length of time you know how much I love creating things! In the last year my creativity has been turning a corner and going in a fun new direction as I've been learning how to make my own homemade soaps, lotions, potions, cleaners, etc.

Last week I enrolled in an online Aromatherapy Certification course through Aromahead Institute that takes approximately a year to complete.  Upon completion I'll be able to obtain a certificate that entitles me to call myself a Certified Aromatherapist or Clinical Aromatherapist.  I've been prayerfully considering this and keep getting confirmation to move forward so that's what I'm doing, excitedly moving forward!

My plan is to "go to school" five days a week and keep blogging three times a week so I have enough time to spend on my class work.  I'll still be making cards for Operation Write Home and continue to be their Midweek Throwdown challenge coordinator.  I'll also still be making cards and coloring with Copic markers, I won't be able to spend as much time as I have doing that but I'm not giving it up.  I did step down from the Cuddly Buddly design team a few days ago to help free up some of my time, Katie was very understanding and kind.  

And then... I had something else really cool happen last week!


I was contacted by Retha at Plant Therapy, she wanted to know if I'd like to test and review some of their essential oils and write guest posts for their blog.  How fun! 

Thanks for visiting my blog today and continuing on to the next adventure with me!

Jan

4 comments:

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Wow Jan, this new adventure into aromatherapy certification sounds great. You definitely have the talent and inclination in this area. I love all your recipes for homemade, natural treatments and bath and beauty products. I look forward to all that you will be sharing. Also, looking forward to hearing more about Plant Therapy.
Blessings, Anna

Donna Hanley said...

I wish you the very best of luck in your new endeavor. I'm sure you will have lots of fun while learning and earning your certificate. It's wonderful that you keep finding new exciting things to bring more fun your life. On a selfish note, I'm glad you will still be with OWH so I can get to see your card creations on a somewhat regular basis. I do get a lot of inspiration from you, Jan and would not want to lose that completely. Best of Luck and Happy Easter to you and your family.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I'm so excited for you. I was thinking with all the wonderful things you have been making if it would possibly go to the next level and now I see it has with this post. I'm so very happy for you. Yes, I've been following you for quite a while and have made many of the things..even the dog biscuits when you shared recipes. I've never been disappointed. I did not know there was a class or certification but with all that's required I know you will be an A student and take it very seriously and be able to share your wisdom with us. And, congratulations to Plant Therapy for be so wise to come to you.

Cherie said...

Congrats on having the strength and courage to take such a big step, Jan! I've been enjoying your posts about soaps, lotions, etc. and have been amazed at the new things you've been trying. I wish you luck in your newest adventure. Of course, I'm glad you'll still be a part of OWH. Have fun!