Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hambo Stamps Penguin Snowball


Are you ready for this week's Hambo Hoedown?!

The challenge is to use felt on your cards along with this cute Hambo Stamps digital Penguin Snowball set or any other Hambo Stamp you may have.  

I knew I had felt I'd stashed somewhere and I found it.  I had a few different colors to choose from and picked this one because if I were a Copic marker I'd be a part of the Blue Green family!  
This cute penguin is colored with Copic markers:

Hat & Scarf - BG53, BG45, BG49
Hat trim, beak & feet - Y13, Y15, Y17
Penguin Black - N3, N5, N7
Snow - G0000

I didn't know if my Die-namics Chevron die would cut through the felt so I tested it out and was very pleased.  I also tried cutting it with my paper trimmer but couldn't get a nice straight cut so I gave up on that idea.  My layout is Operation Write Home's sketch challenge #153 flipped.  

I've been thinking about challenging myself to complete all of the Operation Write Home sketch challenges for 2013...  I know it's a lofty goal, what do you think?

My cardstock choices are Astrobrights Eclipse Black & Galaxy Gold as well as Copic X Press It blending card for the coloring.  I put a full sheet of the Astrobrights Galaxy Gold through my printer to add the sentiment to my card front.  Don't you just love digital stamps!!  The felt came from Papertrey Ink and I used a Die-namics Cheveron die as well as my trusty We R Memory Keepers 1/8th inch Corner Chomper.

I also have exciting news from Hambo Stamps today -

We are having a Design Team Call for our new term, which begins in February. We would LOVE to have you apply! Read all about it HERE.
AND.........
Don't forget about the awesome SALE going on right HERE! We are making room for some AMAZING new stuff to be revealed soon!
AND.........
New STAMPING SUPPLIES have been added to the Hambo Store! Be sure to check out the available inks, acrylic blocks, and accessories for all your stamping needs!
AND......... 
It’s a Hambo Blog Hop! And you can join us!
Our jammin’ theme is “Name That Toon.” Using any Hambo image, either rubber or digital, create a project that represents and depicts a comic strip! Maybe it’s your favorite one you read as a kid, or maybe it’s one that you don’t even like! Whatever it is, we want to see your comic strip creations!
The hop is scheduled for Friday, January 18, and is set to go live at 7:00 AM CST.  All blog hop posts must stay at the top of the page for that whole day.  A prize will be awarded to the customer whose comic strip-themed creation tickles the Bacon Bits’ fancy in a hammin’ jammin’ way!  The winner will be announced on the Hoedown blog, as well as on the Hambo blog on Wednesday, January 23.
If you are interested in participating, please email Judy at hambodesignteam@gmail.com by 11:00 PM CST on Wednesday, January 14.  The blog hop order will be emailed to you on January 16.
Sample blog copy for the hop will be available after you sign up, if you desire to use it.
Come "Name That Toon" with us!
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today -
 
Challenges

3 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Precious card and image. THe expression say " not me...I didn't throw it".

Renee said...

Jan this is just the cutest!

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Jan your card is super bright and fun, I love the colors you have used, they go great together (looking for colors that match are a constant headache to me) your cards always lift my spirit.