Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hambo Stamps Skating Monkey


We have a new Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps starting today!
The theme of our challenge is Monkey's! 

For my card I used Hambo Stamps Skating Monkey digital image and colored it with Copic markers:  E00, E11, E30, E33, E34, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, C00, C0, C1, G0000, B0000, B000, B00, B01, B02, B14, YG07, R20.  I was wondering what paper I was going to use to match up with my monkey and got lucky - Stampin' Up! Really Rust coordinated perfectly.  I used Nut Brown for matting and card base, the blue is ColorMates Pool and I used Copic X Press It blending card.  

My layout is Operation Write Home sketch challenge #126 that I hadn't had a chance to play with yet.  

I added texture with a Cuttlebug dots embossing folder, three Dew Drops and I stamped "Miss You" from a Papertrey Ink set in Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  The banner ends are also from Papertrey Ink's Double Ended Banner die. 

Hambo Stamps also has a new Hambo Hoedown starting today!  Use a Hambo Stamp and make a card that has a pocket of some type.  

I hope you'll have time to play in each of the challenges this week.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:

12 comments:

Valerie said...

very very cute! I'm going to try to do a card for this challenge.

Linda said...

too darn cute!

Sarah said...

Love this! Soooo cute! Awesome card for the challenge!

Cynthia T said...

Love the embossed, bold background!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

This is so cute Jan! I love the layout and that image is adorable. Really beautiful bright colours too :)

Lee Mae said...

Hi Jan! Love your card - the monkey's expression is just priceless. The challenge was another great one!

Mary L said...

I always love your cards and this one is no exception...He is so unique...Love the coloring, wonderful card:)

Donna Hanley said...

Jan, I can't stop laughing. This image is so stinkin' cute. Great highlighting around this one with the dashes and dots. It all came together so nicely.

JoAnn Ross said...

I always look forward to seeing your cards, and this one is just fabulous, as always. It's fun, bright, and just so cheery and funny I know it's going to bring huge smiles to both the person who sends it, and the recipient!!

Barbara said...

A cute monkey on ice, love all that coloring.

Donna Nuce said...

Sucha cute little monkey. I love your colors on the card.

Margaret said...

He is so cute even though he seems a little unsure of his footing.