Thursday, May 10, 2012

Digital Delights by Louby Loo Bucky


I have a new release Digital Delights by Louby Loo design team card to share today!
I used the digital stamp Bucky, sentiment set Western Sentiments & Western Accessories.

This was a really fun card to make.  I've been having a hard time merging/layering my design team images and figured out how to fix my problem in Photoshop Elements.  I knew I could do it!  :)  I used both Bucky and the cactus from the Western Accessories digital stamp sets and merged them together so Bucky is sitting in the "shade" of a saguaro cactus.  I'm an almost native to Arizona but originally came from Montana so this new release has me totally inspired!  Figuring out how to merge these images didn't hurt any either!

I used my Copic sky background technique for the sky and kind of wish I would have used a die cut sun in the corner but there isn't any room now - that's what I mean by I'm inspired, my mind is working overtime on this one.  The video tutorial for the Copic sky background can be found on my Copic tutorials page here.  I also made some digital paper using the Western Accessories digital stamp set, the tan paper was just too plain without anything on it.  

Here's my supply list:

ALL DDSTAMPS USED:  Bucky, Western Accessories, Western Sentiments
CS AND PAPERS:  Via Vellum Basic Black & Leaf Green, Neenah Desert Sand, Copic X Press It, Mohawk Color Copy Bright White 110 lb
INK:  HP OfficeJet 6000, HP LaserJet
MARKERS (if any):  YG01, YG03, YG63, G43, G40, E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, E01, B000, T1, T2, T3
ACCESS. AND EMBELLISHMENTS:  Papertrey Ink Double Ended Banner die
COLORING MEDIUM (if any):Copic
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any):  sky background with Copic markers, merged images, make your own background paper

Be sure to stop by our Digital Delights by Louby Loo blog to see all our fabulous design team inspiration!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:

9 comments:

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Fantastic card Jan, I love how you made that background on craft paper.

Hugs, Rosalien

Joey said...

Fantastic card Jan, really like the green and the brown together. Joey x

Julie Robinson said...

oh my goodness - I absolutely LOVE this!!!!!!!

NancyD said...

Super cute card. I love how you placed the images on the paper and made your own design. NancyD

Frances said...

Lovely card and color combination, beautiful image, so cute! hugs, Frances.

Wendy Hall said...

Fantasitc Jan:) Great job on the layering!
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this. That image is too funny.

Lisa Foster said...

So totally adorable! I love how you used the accessories around the main image! Pure genius!
Hugs,
Lisa

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

I love this Jan! Cute image and the bacground papers look awesome! :D