Thursday, January 5, 2012

Whimsie Doodles Valentine Girl


I love Whimsie Doodles digital images and I'm happy to tell you that I'm their January Guest Designer!
Today is new release day at Whimsie Doodles and you're in for a treat, there are lots of really cute new digital designs to see so be sure to stop by there too!

My card uses Valentine Girl, she's colored with Copic markers R46, R29, R24, R22, E000, E00, E01, BV00, BV000, BV0000, C6, C8, C10.  This was a cute quick little image to color.  I do have to tell you that I had a hard time though...  My first image is below, my R27 marker has a clogged tip and I didn't have any extras on hand to change it out with or a refill for R27 so I had to try a different color combination. 


Wouldn't you know it's the last thing I colored too!
A quick word of warning -  take good care of your Copic markers so you don't have this problem.
I'm not sure what I got into with my R27 marker that caused the problem either.  

I looked through my file of sketches for inspiration for my card, the layout is Skipping Stones Design Sketch #106.  I made my paper choices after settling on the sketch, I used Via Vellum Basic Black, Copic Xpress It, Neenah Red Pepper Linen, Via Linen Violet & Stampin' Up! Lavender Lace.  To mimic the polka dots in the digital image I used a Sizzix embossing folder on the Lavender Lace panel.  

My card will go in my Operation Write Home box, the deadline for Valentine's has passed but this will be a perfect "Love You" card for someone.


Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute. I wouldn't think of purple and red but I like it. I like that sketch too.

Nikki Tanner (NCSUnikki) said...

Awesome work Jan! We're so excited to have you on the team this month!

Emily Martina said...

Beautiful card! Congrats on the Guest DT position, I am looking forward to seeing more of your creations:)

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute.

Min said...

This is just adorable Jan! So glad to be working with you again on a Design Team - Glad you're joining us this month!! =)
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Jan!
This is super cute! Congrats on being Whimsie's Guest Designer! I love her stamps too:) Have fun!
Hugs,
Lisa

jimlynn said...

What a cutie this little gal is! Love the red and purple together too. Adorable.
Lynn

Kristine said...

Oh Jan, this is just AWESOME!! I so ((♥)) these colors together... and your dotty background is perfect with the dots in the image! SUPER fabby sketch too! Congrats on the GDT~ xKris

Shannon White said...

Aww, This is so CUTE Miss Jan! 8-) Love your Darling image and I am Loving the purple and red together! 8-)

Hope you are having a Super Weekend!

Big Hugs!
Shannon

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Such a fresh color combo - worth the copic troubles! I like all the polka dots too. Great to have you joining us this month!!!