Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bug A Boo Stamps Itchy


I had a little time to look through some of my already colored stamps and digital images and came across several from Bug A Boo Stamps, how fun!  I had such a good time when I was on their design team (:  I decided to use Itchy for our Polka Dots Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps that starts today.


My colors are limited because I colored this cute image while I was at one of our church craft therapy meetings.  That's what my friend calls our every other Friday craft night we meet for at our local church.

My layout is Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps Sunday sketch challenge #92 pictured below.


As you can see I flipped the sketch to accommodate the way Itchy was sitting, if I hadn't colored him yet I would have "flipped" him in my Publisher program before printing.  

For papers I used Neenah Solar White & Red Pepper Linen, Via Vellum Leaf Green & Black.  The ribbon is by May Arts, I have Apple Green May Arts dotted organdy ribbon and it was too light so I used my Copic YG17 marker on it to color both sides so it would match better.  I also used a strip of white cardstock under the ribbon to help it pop just a little more.  I got out my old favorite Hearts & Scalloped Hearts Spellbinders dies and the "miss you" sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink stamp set.

I hope you'll join us for our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps this week.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Forever Friends - Anything Goes use an Animal

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Jan,
Aww! He's so cute!!!! Thanks so much for having me as the guest designer today on OWH! I had so much fun:)

http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

jayne said...

Great card; he's so cute! Love the embossed paper, too!

Donna Hanley said...

Jan, The whole card is so precious. Great coloring. Great idea with coloring the ribbon and backing it up with paper. It looks fabulous. Your sentiment piece stands out so nice with the beautiful shade of red. All around fun card.

Linda said...

Jan...As a dog lover I am torally enthralled with this card! TFS!!!

Julie said...

This is adorable, Jan! I love that bright green! Also really loving that scalloped heart sentiment. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Laurel Weeks said...

Love the fact that you used two different scales of polka dots! Very cute, Jan.

NanaConnie said...

What wonderful greens on this card, Jan! That really sets off the red heart. Love the image. He's sooo cute!

Shannon White said...

Oh, Miss Jan this is soo Darned Cute! Love your Sweet little pup and the Fun big dots embossing! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Cindy's Card Co said...

So cute as always.

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

So cute. I like the green it really stands out.