Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Doodle Pantry Ant Masquerade


I have a fun Doodle Pantry card to share with you today!

When I saw this new release earlier this month I was so excited!!!  I have the Ant Masquerade digital stamp set that was previously released as line drawings to be colored. In my "so many stamps" life I haven't gotten around to coloring the images for cards and now I can use the pre-colored images!  
I wouldn't have thought to use some of the colors in the pre-colored version either and I LOVE the digital papers that come in this set to match the images.  My card layout is a sketch from "Fetch A Sketch" that I wanted to try.  It took some thinking and math on my part and I'm really happy with the way my card turned out.  Here's a peek at the sketch.


I also like the matching digital papers most Doodle Pantry colored stamp sets come with because I like to dress up my cards a little with envelope liners.  Most of my cards are donated to Operation Write Home and I think envelope liners make them just a little more special.

Speaking of Operation Write Home... I'm entering my card in our Midweek Throwdown challenge today.  The theme is "A Bugs Life".

Thanks for visiting my blog today - 

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - A Bugs Life
Crafty Boots - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes
Pile It On - Layer It

23 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh My goodness. absolutely adorable. I love love your interpretation of the sketch and must try this. It's been awhile since i have broken things up and your beautiful card was a happy welcomed reminder. Again, Great card and lucky OWH.

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is a cute scene - and fab colours
Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday this week
Lisa x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Jan, I just love what you did with this image! What a great sketch and card.

Kristine said...

Awesome card Jan! I love how you split up the image like you're looking thru a window! :) Great job!!

Kathy W. said...

LOVE LOVE this image. I also love what you did with the sketch too. Great job Jan!!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Jan, how fun is this! I love how the card looks so simple but there is so much to look at! Great job!
Hugs, Sarah

Lorie said...

You should like this card...it is Fab-u-lous!

Nikki Byrne said...

The is fab and the image is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. hugs

NIKKI DT

Danni said...

What an awesome card! So fun and happy!! and so neat to see how you used the sketch!

Amy Tidd said...

I love the card and the way the image has been split! Thanks for taking part in the 1st Crafty Boots Challenge!! Amyx

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card Jan, love the window effect and the clean and crisp look of the card, beautiful!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this image with the wonderful sketch - really adds great interest to the whole card. Thanks for sharing your special creativity at Pile it On this week.

Anne said...

This is a cute image and I love what you have done to it... making it a tri panel .. nicely done.. thanks for sharing on MIM..

Jen M said...

Super cute Jan! Love that sentiment!

Dawn Frost said...

I love the split scene and of course adore the ants! How could you ever go wrong with an ant card!

paige said...

I love how the sketch worked so well with this cute image! Fun card!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, I love the colors in this image too, gorgeous card and layout! Love how you add liners in your envelopes, they really dress it up.

Patti J said...

Totally adorable!!! Love the sketch that you used! Thanks for sharing...

Vicki said...

Jan, what an awesome card...love how you used the sketch...I may have to case this idea...beautiful!

HUGS!
Vicki

Love crafts forever said...

Oh i like this L/O. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya.

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! I love this sketch with that image!It works great!

Dee's Craft Room said...

What a fab card.

Thank you for entering the first Crafty Boots challenge.

Dionne

Lorianna said...

Love it!!
It's stunning
Thanks for sharing!!
Hugs
Lorianna