Wednesday, June 29, 2011

PC Crafter Autumn Blessings


Our challenge today at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps is to use a Fall Theme for our cards.  I came across this pre-colored digital image at the PC Crafter website and loved it!

As you can see I've been playing with the pop up cards again, they are quick, cute and different.  The patterned paper is also from the Autumn Blessings set and the other papers I used are Mohawk Bright White, Via Vellum Black & Stampin' Up! Garden Green.

Edited to add: Debbie had a question about my card - "One question... where does one write when they send out a card like this?"  I forgot to mention I attached an additional piece of cardstock on the back that folds and tucks into the green sliding band around the card so a hero would have a spot to write home on.  Thanks for your question Debbie!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Challenges:

12 comments:

Nancy M said...

What a gorgeous card, just lovely! Don't know how you do it!!

Linda said...

What a perfect card! Can you send me the link for that image? Love the papers you picked and those scallops really rock it!

Dana said...

That is one amazing image!! I would love to get my hands on one to color. The crow is adorable!
I used your technique on my card that posted today. It was so much fun!!
Hugs~
Dana

Dana said...

Yes please in answer to your stamping question. If you drop me a note through me email link I can send you the info.
And please.. girl!! The blending solution technique is all you!! I may have mentioned it but you've perfected it!
Hugs~
Dana

ThePurplePlace said...

Absolutely Stunning!! I'm in Summer Card Camp for the new few weeks, but will try to catch up and make a Fall card for OWH TOO!!

I'm actually having a blast in Camp and it's really been a fun way to learn new techniques!! :)

Hugs,
Lisa

Debbie D said...

LOVE the image and LOVE the popup structure. One question... where does one write when they send out a card like this? Ddd

Lee Mae said...

Jan, your card is beautiful. My first thought for the challenge was PcCrafter and Laurie Furnell too! It is really fun to see an awesome card made from her artwork.

Cora said...

Beautiful card. I have been tempted to get this set from PC Crafter. Too many cards I want make!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous!!

Nancy Keller said...

Jan! I love your card as always. Hey, my friend just bought a massive 72 set of Copic markers and now she is looking for tutorials on how to use them. I knew the perfect person to send he to. . . :D I have bee browsing your blog but it seems like you had links to some fantastic hair coloring videos not long ago, would you mind sharing those again??? Oh please! We have a date set up for "learning from Jan" day. Haha. I bet you didn't know you were holding a class in Idaho this weekend. We love you!

Nancy Keller said...

Thanks for your help Jan!!! You are the best!!!

jayne said...

Love everything about this card -- the image, the green band and the sentiment!