Friday, May 20, 2011

We Love Our Hero's Blog Hop

Welcome to our We Love Our Hero's blog hop, if you've arrived here from Melanie's blog you're on the right path, if not and you'd like to start at the beginning click here.

Happy Armed Forces Day-

This is a blog hop to support and direct your attention to Operation Write Home . In addition to cardmakers all over the country making cards for service persons to send home to their families, OWH has what they call ‘Hero Mail’. My cards today would be considered Hero Mail, I've included a personal note to ‘Any Hero’ on the inside. They're called Hero’s because Operation Write Home covers all branches of military service. Hero mail is given out to those who might not get a lot of mail, or just passed around to enjoy news from home.  Here's a link to  more info  about Any Hero Mail below.


I've had the privilege of being Operation Write Home's Midweek Throwdown challenge coordinator on the Stars & Stamps blog for a year now and absolutely LOVE being part of OWH.  We just received and shipped our one millionth card Thursday, May 12th. We are looking forward to making and sending a million more too!


Here's a link to the Millionth Card Video and a link to Seongsook's blog so you can get a close up of that card.  I hope you'll come join us on the Stars & Stamps blog for all our fun challenges, tutorials, occasional Saturday Seminars & featured cardmaker segments.


 I made two Hero cards using the same layout today, I thought this first one was kind of busy so I wanted to try a second digital paper pack I had.  This is from a digital scrapbooking kit called Freedom Ain't Free I found online at Summertime Designs.


My second card uses the Independence digital paper pack by Sassy Designs, it's a little easier to see the design elements on this card.  The inspiration for my cards today came from Debbie Olsen.

I also have blog candy for one lucky person, I've filled a medium size flat rate Priority Mail box with assorted cardstock, stamps and embellishments just for you!  To enter for the blog candy please leave a comment I will draw a random winner Monday, May 23rd and post it here. You might want to leave me your e mail if you don't have a blog I can click back & contact you at. 

Your next stop on our blog hop is Gina at California Scrappin'

Challenges: 
Frosted Designs - Patriotic theme
Digital Tuesday - Seeing Stars 
Stamp Scrap & Doodle - Military Theme 

34 comments:

Nancy M said...

My goodness; don't know HOW you do it?! You are so creative and just wonderful in design, colors, etc! These are wonderful.
hop...hop...hop

Crafty Diva said...

Both cards are awesome! Keep creating!
j dot berb at hotmail dot com

Misty said...

OH Jan, they both are fantastic as usual! Thank you for all you do for us at OWH!
Thanks for being part of my hop.
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

kathlee said...

BEAUTIFUL! Those digi papers are awesome. Love it all! Fun hopping with you!
TFS!
Kathie
Kathlee154atgmaildotcom
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

Josie0602 said...

Fabulous cards!!! I love that sentiment and the star papers!! Awesome!
Tracy
jtg0398(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Jazmin said...

The cards are great and CONGRATS on the millionth card!!

Jazzy
MsPoet2Be@gmail.com
www.JazzysCards.Blogspot.com

Tanya said...

WOW!!! I love these cards!! The sentiment is PERFECT!!!

hugs,
Tanya
freddylswillima@windstream.net

Crafting Adventures said...

Love the sentiment!

Darlene said...

wow! what awesome digi goodness> love it!

It was nice hopping with you today.

Darlene
desaucier at bellsouth dot net

Robin said...

I love the colors/papers you used in your cards. Very striking! I'm a new follower of your blog.

Robin
scrapdiva2011atgmaildotcom
www.scrapandchat.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the cards! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

I wonder said...

oh Jan...I loved your site! I am a new follower...I just started with copics myself so - I enjoyed looking around (even though I am supposed to stay on track with the hopping! lol)

I am Vicki - part of the hero hop today - what a great blog you have here - I am sure I will be back -

Vicki
bono4prezident@aol.com

Anonymous said...

These cards are just amazing. I love the sentiment. It is one of my most favorites. Congrats on 1 million cards. That's awesome. Thanks so much for sharing your incredible work with us at Frosted Designs this week.

Hugs,
Kristin
http://lilsweetpeasplace.blogspot.com/

sallysbitz2 said...

Two great cards x

I am part of the blog hop team too and am hopping my through x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Patti Ross said...

BEAUTIFUL. Love the colors, design, balance....great job!!!

Patti Ross
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com
rossfam@wildblue.net

Becky Dunham said...

LOVE these cards Jan! That sentiment is sooo perfect! One miillion cards - that is phenomenol! i am new to OWH and planning to start making some cards soon. I have become a follower of your blog and of OWH blog and I appreciate the link to Summer's blog for the digis as I don't have a lot of product for this kind of card! Thanks for all your amazing help and obvious love for our heroes!

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

LOVE your cards! Im a new blog follower would love it if you stopped by my blog too~!
kacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

Lillian Child said...

LOVE your cards! Always a pleasure to stop by to see what you are creating.

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Anita said...

These cards are beautiful.Thanks for being in this hop.
Hugs, Anita
amc35045@bellsouth.net

Tami B. said...

What a great sentiment! If it weren't for OWH I would be making only a fraction of what I do now. I'm so glad to have a reason to make cards because I sure do enjoy it.

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

Awesome cards and It is so super what Is being done to make our heros feel loved and thought about!! Keep up the good work!! I am a new follower!!



http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann♥

Paula S. said...

These are both great Jan. I love that stars & circles paper. Not too busy at all in my opinion. You do a wonderful job with the MWT and keeping everyone inspired. Thanks for all you do for OWH!

Linda said...

Your cards are wonderful. Such a wonderful cause. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at SSDS.
I want to donate my cards. Were do I send them?

moseymom said...

Thanks for all you do Jan. As the mom of a former service man, I know how much this means to them and their families at home. I love reading your blog and can't wait for summer to end so I can get back to the southland.

Melanie - The Paper Retreat said...

I love your cards, they are so wonderful and I am sure the heros receiving them will love them. Thanks for your work with OWH. So happy to be in this hop with you. I am a new follower.
Melanie
http://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com
mfink197 at gmail dot com

Aim said...

Oh, WOW, I love BOTH of your cards!! I think they both look great (and I don't think the first one is too busy at all!)...

I've admired your work for quite a while, and I'm so happy you joined in this hop!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
scrapbookingwithamy (at) gmail (dot) com

ruth said...

Super cute cards! I love the layering you did too.

Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Frosted Designs! :)

Sue D said...

Fabulous cards--I like the papers and the layout.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Lynn said...

Amazing cards! I love the font!!!

ike said...

These are really great. Super job. Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.
Ike xx
SSDS DT

karen said...

These are wonderful, brilliant cause too! Thanks for sharing at DTc this week, Karenx

Eli said...

A perfect work!
Eli (Frosted Designs)

Eli said...

A perfect work!
Eli (Frosted Designs)

all the days of our life said...

These are both fantastic.
Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.