Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Designed 2 Delight Flutterby Fairy


I have a couple of cards to share with you today.  The first is for the Designed 2 Delight challenge at the Delightful Inspiration blog.  If you'd like to check it out I've listed it with a link under "challenges" at the end of my blog post.

This cute image is called Flutterby Fairy, she was in my e mail inbox Friday morning so I could play along in the Delightful Inspiration challenge again this week, how fun!

She's colored with Copic markers E00, E000, E0000, R02, E70, E71, E74, E77, B41, B45, RV91, RV93, RV95, BG0000, G0000.  The layout was inspired by a card that I made for my Dad years ago that I came across the other day, the papers are from the Basic Grey Kioshi pad with Stampin' Up! Perfect Plum cardstock.  She's printed on Neenah Solar White using a HP Laser printer.  The sentiment was purchased from  Create With TLC.

I also used a couple of my old Stampin' Up! punches, added cream colored brads and a little piece of satin ribbon that was a gift from Ellen Hutson with an order I placed recently.  To make her wings shine I used Stickles Ice, let it dry slightly and covered it with Glossy Accents in case I want to use this for my Operation Write Home cards. 


Here's my inspiration card.
I've been cleaning, sorting and organizing again and came across this Father's Day card I'd made my dad.  I wish I knew what year I made it, he's been gone three years now so it's at least four years old.  Most of the stamps used for it were by Stampin' Up! I'm glad it was given to me after his death, it's a nice reminder of him and wonderful inspiration for a new card!

Enjoy your day!

Challenges:
Delightful Inspiration - Flutterby Fairy
If The Shoe Fits... - Things With Wings
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Mami Doodles - Lets Get Girly
Stamp something - Things With Wings
Wags & Whiskers - Use A Die or A Punch
Paper Sundaes - Favorite Hair Color Combinations E70- E77
Stamping, Scrapping Challenge Central - Anything Goes
Emerald Fairie - Anything Goes

10 comments:

Misty said...

Your fairy is adorable (and no fingerprint..hehe) Very classy card for your dad.
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Bonnie Weiss said...

Sweet little card, Jan. It was nice that you were able to share your creativity with your Dad through cards you gave to him. I bet he was proud of his girl!

Nikki said...

Super cute as usual :) xox

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful cards! Love what you did with the fairy!! Love the papers used and the layout! Thank you for joining us at Designed 2 Delight!

Kendra

Tracey Manderson said...

Oh my i just love your choice of papers. This is beautiful. Thank you for joining in at the Emerald Faerie Garden
Tracey
xx

Lacey Stephens said...

Fabulous cards! Great take on the diecuts and Punches challenge. Thanks for playing along with the Wags 'n Whiskers challenge.
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps

Alica said...

Great cards! Love how you used the same sketch and created 2 completely different card! They are both wonderful!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Hugs,
Alica ;)

Deb Mitchell said...

awwwwwwww, how totally sweet- beautiful card Hun. Thank you for playing along with us at the Emerald Faeries Garden Challenge Blog this month

Hugz, Deb/ Owner

Mami Doodles said...

Both cards are beautiful. Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

Viv said...

Wow! Two fab cards, so totally different from each other. Your fairy is adorable.
Thanks for playing in the Emerald Faerie Garden! Viv x