Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Peek Inside My Copic Coloring Book


I've been sneaking away from time to time to sit and color just for the fun of coloring and thought maybe you'd like a peek inside my Copic coloring book again today.

My first layout above is from a Copic coloring class I've been taking at Simply Scrapping Crafts with Lisa Futch.  I've written quick notes on the pages for myself in case I need to refer back to them.  


Here's a close up of the little girl in the snow.  When I first saw this image I thought, ahhh no thanks.  Then I got out my Stampin' Up! color wheel and chose some colors that went together and started to color - I was wrong!  I love how this turned out, I've had a hard time with the Violets and Blue Violets so I'll keep working on them till I feel more comfortable.
My next layout is practicing coloring hair with Lisa's recommended hair colors and the images are Sara's at The Sherlock's Home.  I picked them up as freebies when linking off of the free digital stamp blog.


And here's a picture of my coloring book in case you haven't seen it yet and one more page I already posted last Saturday.  I'll be sharing more from my coloring book another day.



Edited to Add:  Melissa asked in a comment how my coloring book is put together. I used Bind It All 8 X 8 covers as well as the clear 8 X 8 pieces to protect the back & front.  The inside pages are Neenah Solar White, I was planning to do some rubber stamping and coloring directly in the book. I've been using digital images so I've been making a page to paste into my book instead. It's a little more bulky that way but it's working for me so far.  I just changed out my binding O wire to the largest Bind It All makes @ 1 1/4 inches.  If you'll click on my photos you'll get a closer look, I hope that makes sense.  
Thanks for asking Melissa :)

Challenges:
Ladybug Crafts - Anything Goes
Tip Top Tuesday - Open Challenge 

15 comments:

Tammy said...

Jan the inside of your coloring book is AWESOME! I love seeing all the different colors of copics you've used and your coloring is beautiful!
Hugs, Tammy :)

Paul said...

This is such a great idea. I need to do something similar as I keep creating colour combos I like for hair etc and thinking I'll remember which I used - well I never do!!!
TFS
Paul

Paula S. said...

Fabulous coloring book Jan! I'd never thought to do this in terms of my paper crafting, but it's really a wonderful idea. I actually still have some notebooks from my college (art school) days that I refer to from time to time. Thanks for sharing this!

Melissa Czapor said...

I just love your book!! I think I'll be setting up one of my own. One question - did you just cut,mount onf paper and the paste the images on the different pages?
Thanks so much for sharing!! Blessings and hugs!

jimlynn said...

Jan, this is fabulous - and so is your coloring! WOW!

Lynn

Carol L said...

I enjoyed seeing this post as much as the first one! Again I have to say it - this is such an awesome idea, and SO helpful in learning how compatible colors are together! Your pages are fabulous and so are your coloring skills!! TFS!

Bonnie Weiss said...

This explains how you have mastered Copics so well ... your book looks like it is invaluable.

Elaine Stark said...

This ia absolutely fabulous. Your colouring is fantastic too as is the concept. . Elaine

Amanda R said...

This is fantastic! I keep meaning to make one but just wasn't fond of actually coloring directly in my book but your use of coloring the image then pasting it inside would work great! Thanks for joining in at LCI this week!

Maggie's Crafts said...

Fab creation!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday

Come back next week for another great tutorial!

Maggie
x

Elaine Stark said...

I forgot to add tanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday, I hope you can join in again next week. Elaine

Caroljenks said...

What an amazing idea! A delightful array of gorgeous colourness!!!!!!

Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Open Challenge' :)

Carol x

Dana said...

Thanks for all the info Jan!! Since I don't have a Bind It All I may just purchase a premade (gasp!!) sketchbook or create my own the ol' fashioned way! I've seen the Copic sketchbooks and I am sure one of these days I may switch to the Xpress it paper but I love my Neenah!!
Again, your coloring is gorgeous!!
Hugs~
Dana

Kerry said...

Oh Jan I adore your book and want one too lol. This is so amazing and I think I might (one day)try something similar. My colouring isn't anywhere near as good as yours but I'm trying! Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week xx

Shannon White said...

Wow Jan! I love your book! What a fantastic idea! I love your coloring too! I am always on the look out for improving my use of Copics! Thanks for the techniques and great inspiration. 8-)