Friday, April 22, 2011

Operation Write Home Monochromatic Challenge


I've been waiting to post my card today for a package of new Copic markers to arrive.  Waiting isn't easy in the age of instant everything...  the markers didn't show up but I did find out where they are so hopefully next week I'll have some new colors to play with.  

I've been toying with the idea of non traditional hair colors and finally took the plunge for the Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown Monochromatic challenge.  This is a Hannah Lynn mermaid that I cut out, she has sea turtles around her and I though purple turtles would look funny.  She's colored with Copic markers BV17, BV13, BV11, BV0000, BV00, BV01, BV02, E0000, E000, E00, Y19, Y15, Y13.   My layout is from the "I Need A Sketch" blog, she's so big I couldn't use the complete sketch so I improvised a little.  I added a punched photo corner with pearls to dress my card up too.  The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink stamp set and the cardstock colors are Sorbet Grape, Discount Cardstock's Cobalt & Neenah Solar White.

Have a blessed Easter weekend!

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Monochromatic
Outlawz Friday Copic Challenge - Anything Goes
Crazy Challenge - Friendship
Make It Monday's - Anything Goes
Magical Monday's - Monochormatic
Nettie G's - Favorite
There She Goes - Monochromatic Magic
Everybody Art Challenge - Pearls
By The Cute & Girly - Cute & Girly
iCopic Lover - Monochromatic

21 comments:

Carol L said...

Wow Jan, this is fabulous! I LOVE the purple colors, and yes - even the purple hair! Gorgeous!!!
Have a great Easter weekend!!

ThePurplePlace said...

WOW WOW WOW! Did you make this especially for me? LOL! It would absolutely be perfect, as you know me and I just LOVE purple!!!

I LOVE it and think your coloring is fabulous, but that's nothing new and I always enjoy stopping by to see your latest pieces of art!!

So happy I came today, as this is one of my new favorites!!

Have a wonderful day and Happy Easter Weekend!!

Hugs,
Lis

Bonnie Weiss said...

Love her in purple!

jimlynn said...

Another beautiful card Jan....and the coloring is just out of this world! So very pretty.
Lynn

Cut n Paste said...

Love your purple card! And I love the layout also!

Patti J said...

Jan, this is beautiful! Love the purple, and what a great layout!!! Gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

she is gorgeous! I wish I could come to your coloring classes!

Unknown said...

Where do you buy your Copics?

Lisa Jane said...

wow what gorgeous colours and a pretty image
Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month and Thanks for linking up at Make it Monday
Lisa x
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

A fun card also with the non-tradional hair color. Since I teach at a high school, the color doesn't seem that non-tradional to me....haha...I see a lot of odd things at school...haha was getting ready to get a few more copics myself. I love your new bugaboo rain challenge card and really enjoying your copic coloring book. I wish I knew where you got some of the images. The one with the little boy sitting on the ground and the flower showering water is precious.

Paula S. said...

Fabulous card Jan! Some solider's teenager would treasure this beauty I am absolutely sure of it.

Donna Hanley said...

Jan, Glad you decided to go with non traditional colors as it came out beautiful. What a great colorist you are. I have been trying to copy your colorings with these Crafts & Me girl Digis. Thanks for all the inspiration. Have a great weekend.

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

This is gorgeous! :) Love the monochromatic colors!

Hristovica said...

I love purple. Lovely card, very gentle, very clean. I love it. Thank you for participating in this week's challenge at The Crazy Challenge.

Geraldine said...

Fabulously girly. Great colours.
Thank you for joining the By the Cute and Girly challenge this month.
Geraldine

Michelle said...

Hi Jan

WOW!! Absolutely, stunning, gorgeous card!! Love this image and your choice of colour is just amazing.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great Monochromatic card- love the image. Your coloring is fantastic!

Ellis said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at NettieG's digital gems!
Hugs, Elenor

Lacey Stephens said...

Beautiful card! Great take on the Monochromatic challenge! Thanks for playing along with the Magical Monday Challenge!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
Magical Monday Challenge DT

Marilyn said...

Wowsers Jan... this is gorgeous!

Heidi said...

So beautiful! Thanks for playing the Magical Mondays Challenge.