Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bug A Boo Stamps Spring Stuff Collection


Happy Saturday, I have a fun project to share with you today!  

My friend Carole sent me home with a book I'd been looking at when I was crafting with her last week called Clearly Cards.  I kept seeing clear tags made with this tag die by Sizzix and I kept thinking I have that and the acrylic sheets too.

When I had a little free crafting time I went to work...

I cut the acrylic report covers with my Sizzix large tag die, stamped polka dots on it using Stazon Ink and a very old Stampin' Up! polka dot background stamp.  I considered running it through my printer and kept hearing Carole say, "why don't you use a stamp on it" so I did.  I next cut a panel of Neenah Red Linen and added small black ric rac that I cut with a Papertrey Ink die.  I did this for both sides.  I'd printed the ladybug from the Bug A Boo Stamps Spring Stuff collection a few times so I cut one out with the Spellbinders circles dies.  The cute ladybug is colored with Copic markers.  After attaching the ladybug I went to find some ribbon in my stash.  


I couldn't make just one...


And here's a picture of my Spring Stuff Ladybug collection using acetate report covers.

I saved my tags for today because there's a new challenge at Bug A Boo Stamps Catch the bug that starts today, it's an Anything Goes theme.  I thought my tags would be perfect for it.  Be sure to stop by and see what our fabulous design team has made and I hope you'll be inspired to join in our challenge too!

Challenges:

Bug A Boo Stamps Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
Digi's With Attitude - Anything Goes
Card Ideas - Spotty Dotty
One Stop Craft Challenge - Spots & Dots

11 comments:

Claire said...

These are just fab hun. Hugs, Claire x

Kristie W. said...

Wonderful job, Jan! I love the polka dots against the clear background!

Lisa Lara said...

Soooooooooooooooo adorable Jan. I just love these. How cute is that ladybug.

Claire said...

Gorgeous work Jan! Really fun tags and they are fab on acetate! Thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude! this week and good luck
Claire xx

Unknown said...

Wonderful project! Great idea. I am going to have to try this. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Ideas!

My Inkie Fingers said...

I just LOVE ladybugs! Can't wait to see some soon up here in the Great White North of Canada!! haha

The image is too adorable =)

Thanks for playing along with us at DWA Challenges!

Cindy-Lynn

Debra said...

Hi Jan, I love your project. I haven't tried using acetate yet, I must put it on my "try this" list :)

Thanks so much for joining us at the Digi's With Attitude! Anything Goes Challenge. Hope to see you again next challenge and Good Luck!

Debra
Digi's With Attitude! Design Team

scrapperjulia said...

This is fabulous! I love this set! Great idea for the clear tags, might have to try this! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Jan - your tags are awesome!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Wonder tags and card!! Adorable image! Thank you for joining us at Card-Ideas!

Kendra

dstandard said...

This is adorable! Thanks for playing with us this week!