Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bug A Boo Stamps Ribbon Bear


Happy Day!  It's Oldie But Goodie Thursday at Bug A Boo Stamps Catch The Bug - my favorite day of the week!

As design team members we get to choose any of Jodi's digital images we'd like to showcase each Thursday.  I love being on the Bug A Boo Stamps team because I LOVE Jodi's artwork and I can choose what I'd like to play with - what could be more fun?!

For my card today I chose a Ribbon Bear, he's colored with Copic markers E44, E43, E42, R21, R22, B12, BV11.  Did you notice the kind of pink glow on the ribbon in the image?  I blended together B12 & BV11 to see what would happen.  I thought it was a pretty interesting and successful experiment!  

I used patterned papers by Basic Grey Marrakech and my layout is Operation Write Home's sketch #65.  The sketch calls for a bow and Julie suggested we use the "fork method" for tying our bows.  OWH has a tutorial on just how to do that, I used the "Copic marker" method, hehehe. You'll have to check out the tutorial to get the humor.   The sentiment is from Create With TLC.

I hope you'll visit us at Bug A Boo Stamps Catch The Bug challenge blog to see all of our Oldie But Goodie Thursday creations, you still have time to get into our Easter challenge too!  Happy Thursday -

Challenges:

8 comments:

Bonnie Weiss said...

The 'pink glow' was indeed a successful experiment, Jan. Now, if I were to attempt to intentionally do that, it would NEVER happen!

Julie said...

Adorable as always, Jan! Love that sheer ribbon! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge.

helloholley said...

what a cute image and I just love the sentiment too!!! Awesome job as always Jan!!!!

paige said...

Adorable card Jan! The sentiment is perfect with this cute image.

Jen M said...

Great card! Your coloring is awesome... that experiment worked!! )

Dixie Cochran said...

Bears just make me happy, and this card is so precious!

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

I love it. That image is great!

Thank you for joining the Ribbons & Bows Challenge at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

JanJan808Kreate said...

Luv this kard...sooo thoughtful n kute at the sametime.