Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Doodle Pantry Designs Christmas Blessings

I have a couple of Christmas cards to share with you today that use pre-colored digital images from The Doodle Pantry.  Laurie Wilson is the artist behind The Doodle Pantry, when I saw this set I knew it would be perfect for our Christmas cards at church.  The image was a line drawing and I could see baby Jesus blanket colored in a deep rich burgundy color.  Being the busy time of year that it is I took a chance and asked Laurie if she'd make this set into a pre-colored digital stamp set as well and she said she'd been thinking about it. 


I lucked out, Laurie colored these beautiful line drawings and I even got one in that deep burgundy I was day dreaming about for the cards for the church.  Thank you Laurie!!!  Monday my husband and I mass produced 80 Christmas cards very similar to the one above for our church and delivered them Tuesday morning.  Whew!   I'm a little behind on my design team projects, hopefully I'll catch up soon!


My second card was in the bunch I took for our Pastor to chose from, it uses the white pre-colored image.  He and his wife chose the deep burgundy colored one that I liked!

We've also been painting and updating our 10 year old daughters room for her so I'm distracted by that too.  I had to stop this morning and help my husband build a closet organizer for her.  He didn't need my help but I couldn't help myself...  I had to go in there and help put it together with him, I like to make stuff - lol.   

Oh!  We have a new Midweek Throwdown Challenge today at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps, "Getting Creative With Ribbon".  Cynthia made our sample cards and they are awesome!

Challenges:
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Christmas Red & Green Must Not Be Seen
Tuesday Throwdown - Clean & Simple
ABC Christmas Challenge - Y Is For Yuletide
Little Red Wagon - Use A Die Cut


9 comments:

Avril Tanner said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Tammy said...

These are gorgeous pre-colored images Jan!! Absolutely perfect for this busy time of the year!
Hugs, Tammy

Dorte said...

Beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time and good luck.
hugs Dorte

Joanne (jojot) said...

gorgeous AND meaningful

Robyn said...

Beautiful and elegant!

Caroline said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Card Crew.
Caroline x

Deborah Frings said...

These are both absolutely beautiful!

Carrie said...

they both are wonderful but I have to say the blue really catches your eye and is my favorite. Beautiful christmas cards

Lorraine A said...

beautiful cards ,,, both are gorgeous :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas and PTW Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x