Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bug A Boo Stamps Sock Monkey

Today is Oldie But Goodie Day at Bug A Boo Stamps Catch The Bug challenge blog.  I chose the Sock Monkey for my card.  I found him in the design team stash of images in a pre-colored version so I thought I'd take advantage of that little luxury at this time of year!  I'm pretty sure you all know how much I love to color using my Copic markers but I need to do our Christmas shopping and maybe some baking too just like you!  

I also love digital images and had the idea to crop the flower beside the sock monkey out so I could use it to make my own background paper for my card.  The other papers are Basic Black, Neenah Solar White, Red Linen and Stampin' Up! Yo Yo Yellow.  My accessories are Spellbinders oval dies, Stampin' Up! Word Window punch, Yo Yo Yellow eyelets (my last 2!) and a "love you" stamp from Flourishes.

Challenges:
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
Karber Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes Using A Digi 

7 comments:

sgc said...

Jan--love the way that the yellow really makes this pop!

Tammy said...

So cute Jan! I love the cropped flower bg!!

Rae Anne said...

Such a sweet little monkey Jan - I love you too! :D MWAH!

Karen Howard said...

Wahoo, congrats on making the Bugaboo DT, you rock!!! Hugs, Karen

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling- love your layout too! TFS

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I'm so loving this Jan. I just bought the SU word window punch and you have given me more ideas. I remember sock monkeys as a child and what a great idea of pulling the flower for background paper. So glad you are on board at Bugaboo with your take and talent. I would love to scraplift this for a future Valentine or Spring card.

Marilyn said...

Hey Jan! Very cute card & love the layout too.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.