Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bug A Boo Stamps Christmas Brats New Release

This is my second post today, I couldn't help myself I was inspired by this new release set at Bug A Boo Stamps called Christmas Brats.  There are three images and I just had to play with them and try to merge them with my Microsoft Publisher program.  I knew it would work I just didn't know it was going to be so easy.  I used the png files with the transparent backgrounds and...  I know I'm a geeek.  

After printing this cute image I colored it with Copic makers R22, R24, R27, R02, YG11, YG13, YG17, E00, E000, E31, E33, E34, Y32, C1, C00, W1, cut it out and matted it using Spellbinder's Octagon and scalloped octagon dies then had to come up with a layout.  I was thinking about  a candy cane stripe, printed digital paper with a candy cane stripe and set it aside.  Hmmm...  

Instead I went with layers of red and white using Neenah Solar White and Red Linen and embossed the white layers with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Sizzix Snowflakes embossing folders and layered them on my card base.  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink set stamped in Palette Pure Poppy ink.  

To see what our design team made for the new release of Christmas Brats go to Catch The Bug and to see the entire collection you can go to the Bug A Boo Stamps online store.  They are cute!

Now that I have that out of my system I need to go do what I'm really supposed to be doing.  The kids have parties at the end of the week and need cookies.  I'm off to the store.

Challenges:
The Crafty Pad - Embossing
Kaboodle Doodles - Clean & Simple Christmas Card
Stamp With Fun - Christmas
Totally  Stampalicious - Clean & Simple
Digi's With Attitude - Anything Goes Digital
The Smart Word Challenge - Merry

10 comments:

Lola said...

Wonderful Christmas creation and all the white looks great. I really like the little touch of red that peeks through.

Lorraine said...

Super cheerful card. Love all the red. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Tammy said...

Another adorable card and awesome coloring!!

**Farrah** said...

What a GREAT card!! So bright and fun! I love it!
Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Jodie Mackrell said...

Very stunning!

Tammylee said...

This card is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Digi's With Attitude! Hope to see you again!

Also, just to let you know that I have Candy on my blog!
http://tammyleestampcorner.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-candy-now.html

Tammylee

Jill said...

What a really sweet image, just love it! Thanks for playing along at Kaboodledoodles this time and hope to see you again soon. Jill

Rae Anne said...

Jan, this image just pops off the page! I love the white-on-white and then brilliant red & green! :D MWAH!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very sweet image- your coloring and L.O. are perfect- love this card!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Did realized your merge the 2 pictures. I LOVE doing that in my PSE. I'm teaching myself to change so many digis from jpeg to png just for that reason.