Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Encore Presentation Michelle Perkett Studio Flying Birthday Girl


My card today is an "encore presentation" from July - the definition:  We are re-visiting a card I made back in July using a Michelle Perkett Studio digital image.   Our Thanksgiving holiday weekend was filled with family and friends and not much creating time so that's the reason for my "rerun".   I hope you don't mind!

This cute little flying birthday girl was fun to color with Copic markers, is printed on cream cardstock, I then  realized my plan for the clouds wouldn't work with cream card stock so I re printed my image on white and paper pieced the clouds so I could flick some color onto the bottoms of the clouds with Copic markers to make them more realistic.

The scalloped frame is two Spellbinders dies and I used Cuttlebug embossing folders to add more polka dots and swirls to the background papers.  I added three flowers in the top left corner and a touched up (with my Copic marker) Dew Drop to the center of each flower and two more touched up brown Dew Drops on the panel at the bottom.  The dotted organdy ribbon is to cover a little tiny boo boo and last of all I stamped "make a wish" from one of my Papertrey Ink stamp sets. 

We have a new challenge that starts today at our Michelle Perkett Studio blog you won't want to miss, I hope you can play along! 

8 comments:

Shirley G said...

Hi Jan,
I love these colors together. It's one of my fav combos. Beautiful, fun card.
Please check out my blog, I have something for you.

paige said...

So very cute!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a sweet delight...great colors too

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Jan, I love this card! Beautiful backgrounds you made! And the colors are fantastic!
Thanks for making this card for our challenge!
Hugs
Marion

Carrie said...

this is adorable but then all your cards are.

Stacy Morgan said...

How sweet is this girl... pretty colors.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving your color combination- what a sweet image! Love the flowers too. TFS

Marilyn said...

This is perfect! Such a whimsical image that it makes you smile.