Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cute & Cuddly Polly Craft Kittie

How's that for the title of my post today?  This is my entry for this weeks Polly Craft challenge and I also found a challenge at The Crazy Challenge that I couldn't get out of my mind - Cute & Cuddly, so I wrapped it up into one card.

This cute little digi stamp made it's way into my basket the last time I was browsing at the Polly Craft store, I thought she'd be perfect as the cute & cuddly part of my card.   The challenge for Polly Craft is actually a sketch challenge, I added Lynsey's sketch for you to see below: 

After I printed a sheet of kitties it occurred to me that if I re-sized this image I could use the daffodils as the embellishments where the flowers were on the sketch.  Did I ever tell you I really like making my own embellishments?

It was totally fun coloring this image, I had the larger one to try out colors on before I used them for real.  The Kittie is colored with Warm Gray 0, 3 & E 21, the daffodils Yellow 13, 15 & 19, leaves and flower stem YG 11, 13, &17, the terra cotta pot YR 14 & 18 the dirt inside E 29 and the cobblestone path C2 and my blender pen. 

I wanted the Kittie to have texture so I soaked  a scrap of an old wash cloth with blender solution and dabbed it onto the colored Kittie.  Next I cut out a mask to cover the Kittie and under the flower pot and used the air brush with a Blue 45 sketch marker for the background.  After peeling the mask off I colored around the flower pot and under the grass with the C2 marker, then went back and used the chisel tip of my blender pen to make the cobble stone path, next I added the grass and dotted some yellow on the dandelion.  I also colored the big daffodils and cut them out and applied Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects to them and set them aside to dry.

The Kittie image is cut out with a Spellbinders rectangle die and matted in SU Really Rust using the scalloped rectangle die.  I had a really difficult time getting the colors for the card to look right to me, sometimes the simplest looking sketch gives me the biggest challenge!  The green panel looked too plain so I used a Hero Arts swirl background stamp, the black panels have been embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and matted with SU Really Rust.  I used two SU Oval punches and the Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages set for the sentiment with two of those wonderful little black half pearls from my stash.  To finish it, I attached the almost dry big daffodils to the corners of my focal image.  I like it - hope you like it!

I've been having fun with the air brush since going to the Copic certification class last month.  I've been using air cans with an air adapter and air grip, (ABS 3) those little cans don't last very long!  Well today...  I ordered an air compressor so I don't have to buy anymore air cans.  It shipped today, I'll be stocking the UPS man soon...

5 comments:

Irena said...

very cute card, lovely image :)

Maria Therese said...

Oh sweet card and beautiful colored image! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

really cute image and a great card ;0)

Thanks for joining us at 'The Crazy Challenge' this week!!

hugs shell xx

Nana said...

Wow, amazing colouring, love the brick wall and the papers! Thank you for joining us at "Crazy challenge" this week!
Hugs Nana

Michele Roos said...

Oh such a gorgeous card. Love the colours you've used and the image also. Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week. Hugs Michele x